|Astrid confirms that Asylum is “Real Training”|
When I first started the workout program Insanity: The Asylum one week ago I thought I was physically prepared for it without needing any performance boosters or recovery drinks. But after two workouts (speed & agility, strength) I was in pure agony and could not even sit on my butt due to massive soreness from head to toe. So I had to figure out how to prevent that from happening again in the remaining three weeks of the 30-day program.
Here is what worked for me:
- Drink the P90X Results & Recovery Drink DURING the workout! Trust me, your body needs it more than you can begin to understand without actually having done this program.
- Don’t skip the stretching at the end of the workout no matter how exhausted you are!!
- Take a hot shower immediately after your workout to relax your muscles and finish your P90X recovery drink.
- Eat a healthy meal with a solid dose of protein within one hour following your workout.
- Drink one glass of Shakeology within 3-4 hours before AND after your workout.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid alcohol the night before your next workout as this dehydrates your body which in turn will negatively impact your performance and your body’s ability to repair muscle fibers.